Monday, March 16, 2009

New Bike Day

New Pista Day

I just picked up another pista to add to the collection (pista pile). This one is a 2001, black with celeste decals. This is the first model pista I remember seeing and have wanted one ever since.

News 740am

Bikepedia has a pretty comprehensive list of bikes from 1993 forward. Bianchi started making the pista in 1999 as a 2000 model (before then it was made in celeste as a Reparto Corse track bike). It has several paint schemes over the years my favorite being the 2003 Battleship Grey.

I Found One

In 2006 they changed to a white paneled decal with world champion rainbow stripes so the same decal could be used across models and colors. I'm not terribly fond of the new decal and sadly there have been great colors released lately like gang-green, that would have looked so much cleaner with the old type-only decal.

No comments: